Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What To Expect: Week 31

I hope you guys are relishing these "What to Expect" entries , because there are only 9 left after this! And thinking about that kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Don't get me wrong - I am really, really excited about seeing the baby for the first time, and how wonderful it will be to spend those first weeks as a family, even when Aaron and I are ready to fling poop-filled diapers at each other out of sleepless frustration.

What I'm not looking forward to so much is the labor. Reeeeaaaaally not looking forward to that part. But, maybe I'm making such a big deal out of it in my mind that when it finally gets here, it will be much easier than I had envisioned. That could happen, right?

As of this week, the baby is about the length she'll be when she's born (around 18"), but she will still gain 3-5 pounds before the big arrival. For some reason, this kid has been ROWDY since about Friday. Moving around a lot, not so much kicking as she is doing these weird roll things. And she definitely likes the right side of my stomach better than the left. No idea why, but it's like she's always curled up over there. It's probably that her head is on that side, and since it is surely the size of a canteloupe by now, that's why I feel like that side is bigger.

I'm actually happy that she moves so much because, as a professional worrier and pessimist, I freak out when she hasn't moved for awhile. All the movements are a nice little gift, like she's saying, "Here, mommy, don't worry! There's still plenty of things for you to turn into a completely neurotic mess over later. You'll see!"

We have a TON of stuff going on this week (including my first baby shower and our first two childbirth classes) so stay tuned for some good blog entries.....

No comments:

Post a Comment