Sunday, October 4, 2009

What to Expect: Week 23

October 5, 2009

Since we will not be getting fruit updates on a weekly basis, I thought it would be nice to have an internal view of the baby's progress (courtesty of whattoexpect.com.) The baby should be weighing in at over a pound now and over 8 inches long. My stomach is definitely becoming a force to be reckoned with, and I think I'll only have an "innie" belly button for another week max. This morning, Aaron noticed that the linea nigra is starting to show up, but it's still pretty light.

I told Aaron this morning (then I knocked on wood about 1,000 times) that I'm actually really enjoying being pregnant. I've been lucky to not have any terrible side effects and symptoms, and it's pretty fun to look down at a big fat belly and think, "Hey, that's pretty cool!" not "Hey, I am the fattest person on the planet." I feel far cuter pregnant than not. I know that's weird, and I know there are at least 1 billion women that would want to kick me in the face if they read that, but that's how I feel. Come back in about 10 weeks when I can't see my feet and I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune and then those 1 billion women can laugh and say, "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" But for now, I'm absolutely loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment