Monday, October 26, 2009

What To Expect: Weeks 25 and 26



October 26, 2009


This entry is lumping weeks 25 and 26 together because (clearly) I missed posting last week. After 6 semesters of a blissful relationship with my computer, my hard drive decided to crash last weekend. And I found out that the lovely people who I have been paying for the past two years to back up my data online decided not to back up any of my CAD files. Who needs those anyway? Each one only represents about 400 HOURS OF MY LIFE!!!!


(Okay, deep breath......)


In news that doesn't make me want to beat my head against a wall, the baby is now over a foot long, and is weighing in between 1.5 to 2 pounds. Her lungs are forming, and she's taking practice breaths through her nostrils which have recently opened. I feel a lot of movement during the day, but it's still not really powerful movements. They actually kind of tickle sometimes. I had been trying to come up with a way to explain what the movements feel like, and was having trouble. A few days ago, my arm had a little twitch, and then the baby moved, and I realized that the two basically felt the same - her movements basically feel like an involuntary muscle twitch in my abdomen.


I have been having some trouble sleeping, largely because I'm sleeping on my side, which makes my hip hurt. I spend a lot of time rolling over from side to side. Every once in awhile I'll lay on my back just so I can have a break from the hip aches. I've had two nights when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. One was about two weeks ago, and I laid in bed for about an hour and a half before I got up because I was hungry, which of course woke Aaron up because he's a light sleeper. I went to the kitchen, ate a bowl of Cheerios, came back to bed, and immediately started to cry for no reason. I finally went to sleep another hour or so later. Good times.


This weekend, Aaron was gone camping, so when I woke up at 4:15 Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep, I just watched some TiVo'd Oprah for a few hours before dozing off again. The good side to all this is that I'm finding it easier to wake up in the morning than I usually do and I'm not exhausted all day long or anything. I know that things are all downhill from here as far as sleep is concerned, so I'm not too upset about my sleep problems. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment