Friday, November 20, 2009

Twitter Account

I just sent this out as an email, but I wanted to add it to the blog in case I missed anyone.....

I know there are a lot of people who are going to want to know what's happening when the "big day" finally arrives, and I've been trying to figure out the best way to pass along information to everyone regarding Addison Frances' arrival. Something that doesn't involve 1,000 phone calls a minute or carrier pigeons or some sort of radio broadcast. I have decided to set up a Twitter account that I will use to pass along information when I'm in labor. I am new to Twitter, and I'm sure many of you are, too. Here is some basic info about Twitter:

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications.

Someone (probably my sister) will be updating it for me - I'll have much more important things to do - but this way everyone can get updates (without all that pigeon poop!) We'll let you know in the week or so before she's due how things are progressing, notify you when I'm officially in labor, and we'll give you updates on contractions, dilation and effacement. If this makes you uncomfortable, then this Twitter feed is NOT for you!!! We will post some pictures along the way, and when she finally arrives, we'll give you all the stats (time, weight, length) and a picture of her cute little face.

To see my Twitter updates online, go to http://twitter.com/kautzbaby

If you would like to follow my Twitter account and receive all of my Tweets as a cell phone text message, you will have to sign up for Twitter (which is easy to do, and you can always cancel it later) and then follow the instructions here:
http://help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/14020

More info about getting Twitter updates via text can be found here:
http://help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/14020

Please let me know if you have any questions or have any trouble accessing my Twitter feed. I won't be "tweeting" much until it's closer to the due date, but I do hope that if there are any kinks, we'll have them worked out by then, so let me know if you're having a problem. 76 days and counting........

No comments:

Post a Comment