Monday, August 24, 2009

What to Expect : Week 17

August 24, 2009

This week, the baby is starting to have fat grow around it's newly hardening muscles. ( I think I read this weekend that somewhere around 2/3 of the baby's tissue will be fat when it's born.) Also, the umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger. The heartbeat is regular now, controlled by the heart instead of just beating randomly. (I have no idea how that was even possible, by the way.) At my last OB visit a week ago, the doctor said the heartbeat was around 150 beats per minute, which is normal. She also said the baby was moving around a lot, although I have yet to feel a thing. I've gotten a little obsessed with trying to feel the baby move, but I have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to feel like, so it's kind of a lost cause. I joked with a friend today that I wouldn't know the baby had moved until it's big enoughto start punching me or something! I will let you guys know the second I feel something, though, but I won't be able to guarantee to you that it was actually the baby moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment