Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's a peanut!

June 22, 2009

This morning was my first official OBGYN appointment. Due to a last minute appointment change, Aaron wasn't able to come with me, which we were both pretty bummed about. Fortunately, it was too early to hear the heartbeat, so he didn't really miss anything besides a lot of questions. And every girl's favorite, the pap smear. I joked with the doctor that if a simple pap freaks me out, then I am in for a serious shock when labor time rolls around! Gonna have to work on that pain tolerance thing.

Everything looks good, I haven't gained any weight yet (excellent!), and I'll go back in 4 weeks for my next appointment.

For those of you not familiar with the ultrasound picture experience, what you're looking for is the light colored little blob inside the big dark colored blob. If the last "d" in "dad" is 12:oo, then the baby is at about 5:00 inside that dark bubble thing. Beautiful, isn't it? Our friends Kelly and Conner called their baby "the peanut" when they were first expecting, but I think we have more of a tadpole. Poor kid - things will get better for you!

1 comment:

  1. yeah...paps no fun. but your body does it's own thing for birthing...hormones kick in , etc. those hormones aren't there for a pap.
    the birth is painful, don't get me wrong, but your mind can handle it! i promise. i did it 100% drug free, so i know. keep the faith, and don't let anyone scare you. there is NOTHING to be worried about. birth is NATURAL and we've been doing it for centuries.

    ReplyDelete