Friday, June 19, 2009

My first "Mommy" presents!

My super-sweet school buddies (Elena, Jessie, and Lani) brought me the cutest mommy-to-be gift basket yesterday. First of all, I'd like to say that you girls are terrible liars and I hope you never try to throw someone a surprise party! They tried to lure me to our shared office under the guise that they didn't have their keys, one of them had left her laptop charger in there, and another was worried her dog had had an accident on some of my things. There had been some winking and secrecy earlier in the day, so by the time they got to the dog peeing story, I was onto them. But in all fairness, I wasn't sure what they were up to exactly, so it was still surprising to see a big ol' basket of goodies waiting for me!

Included in the mix were two different vitamins that I was super excited about. I know it seems weird to be excited about vitamins, but my nutritionist friend had just told me that I needed to be on probiotics (for digestion and immune health) and fish oils (crucial for brain development), and I was literally going to buy them that night. How these girls knew to get me those two things, I have no idea - they're obviously psychic geniuses!

There was also a snuggly fleece blanket, 9 (NINE!) different nail polishes, and a delicious-smelling honey candle, but my favorite had to be the Burt's Bees products!




Mama Bee Belly Butter. This actually makes me excited about the prospect of having a big, fat belly to rub it on!








Mama Bee Leg and Foot Creme. A relaxing foot creme with peppermint and rosemary. Yums! I showed that one to Aaron first because he'll be using it a lot later - on my glorious foot rubs, of course.
Girls, I can't thank you enough for buying me such a sweet gift. I hope I don't make you regret it over the next 7 1/2 months. I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending you some stuffs too
    Certified Organic of course:

    Follow the linky and tell me what you want/need.

    http://boutiqueorganica.mionegroup.com/en/category/9

    ReplyDelete