Monday, June 15, 2009

What to Expect: Week 7


June 15, 2009

We're entering Week 7, and this week is all about brains. Apparently 100 new brain cells are created every minute - talk about brain power! Plus, the baby's third and final set of kidneys is in place. That part of the week 7 blurb kind of freaked me out - What happened to the other two pairs? Very strange things going on....

I am really, really lucky that so far I've had it pretty easy with the pregnancy symptoms. I've had some overly-emotional episodes (that Aaron has dealt with swimmingly, by the way), some sleepiness, and a lot of difficulty focusing, especially on things like school work and cleaning the house. But in all fairness, I experience these pretty commonly without a baby-on-board, so who's to say the little blueberry is to blame? I'm hoping the lack of focus thing can be remedied - I've been ignorning my thesis work for weeks now, and am about to be in serious trouble if I don't buckle down. But it's so hard, and I feel like I have such a good excuse! Still, it's shameful.

The pregnancy sympton I'm most happy not to have is NOT morning sickness, although that's a very close second. According to WTE, by this point in the pregnancy some mothers' breasts have gone up a full cup size. Considering I was giving Dolly Parton a run for her money (or at least Pam Anderson) before pregnancy, I am soooooooooo thankful I haven't had any growth thanks to baby. And I will make a solemn promise right now: If I don't grow more than a cup size throughout this whole ordeal (breastfeeding included) I will NEVER give my child a guilt trip about the duration of my labor or the 9 month lack of alcohol. Pinkey Swear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment